A HIGH DEGREE OF EXPERIENCE AND INNOVATION SET NEW STANDARDS IN QUALITY
The new EUROPRESS EP2 has been equipped with advanced features that ensure greater efficiency in energy and personnel costs while maintaining exceptional quality in press results.
The major further development “+ humidity control” was awarded as an excellent innovation in silver by the German’s Viticulture Association at the German fair Intervitis Interfructa Hortitechnica 2018 in the division “Processing and Process Control”.
EUROPRESS EP2 is available with different press drum sizes from 20 to 65 hl. Depending on their needs and preferences, our customers can therefore choose the most suitable wine press for their winery.
In the case of the closed press system, the press drum has hinged and removable juice channels on the inside with very narrow slots. The juice flows directly into the juice pan through the outlets.
NEW EasyClean Channel (starting at 44 hl): Combines the advantages of a hinged and a plug-in mechanism. The hygienic and long life channel made of stainless steel is opened by using a quick release fastener and remains inside the press drum for cleaning. In the case of intensive cycles, it can be quickly mounted or demounted without requiring any other tools.
EQUIPMENT of the EUROPRESS EP2 – closed press Systems
• All stainless steel design
• Drive motor with one rotational speed clockwise and counter clockwise rotation
• Membranes made of food-resistant material – heat resistant up to 70 °C
• Membrane fastening strips specially designed for decompaction
• High volume vacuum pump with double function – pre-blower and evacuation
• Internal compressed air supply – with high-performance compressor
• New fully automatic digital control system with 24 individually selectable pressing programs.
• Large 10″ touch screen monitor
• Large press drum opening
• Large stainless steel juice tray
• Pomace discharge elements below the membrane for emptying the press quickly
VARIETY OF OPTIONS
+ drain control – INTELLIGENT PRESSING PROGRAM CONTROL
The intelligent juice draining is ensured by a special juice pan equipped with tried and tested/integrated measuring sensors. During the entire pressing process, the juice drainage is monitored and the course of the pressing process constantly optimised. This results in a highly efficient pressing process ensuring optimal and gentle grape pressing.
+ cooling jacket – WITH HIGH EFFICIENCY
• perfect adjustment of grape temperature to your oenological requirements.
• for cooling down and keeping grape mash cool
• for pre-cooling the pressing drum before the filling procedure
• for warming up grapes which are too cold
The cooling jacket can be run with water, water-glycol-mixture and glycol as well. As it runs in a close circuit, a permanent adding of media is not required. The desired inlet temperature is chosen on the customer’s cooling unit. The inlet and outlet of the cooling media is via the axial in-feed unit.
+ cool insulated – COOLING JACKET WITH EXTERNAL INSULATION AND HIGH EFFICIENCY
• Cold or heat transfer to the press drum can be carried out in a much more targeted manner.
• Energy saving is considerable.
The new cooling jacket makes it possible, for practically 90% of the refrigerating energy to be applied to the pressing basket. The sheet-metal cover platesare welded at the seams and thus ensure rapid and economic cleansing operations.
+ Level control – FOR THE JUICE PAN
• Version with stick electrodes in stainless steel
• Including control and connection for juice pumps
• Automatic interruption of the pressing program at the juice tray overfilled
The new, intelligent control of the juice pump analyses how fast the juice level rises. The pump starts automatically before the actual switch-on point.
+ inert ECO – INERT GAS BLANKETING OF THE PRESS DRUM (awarded by the German Winegrowers’ Association 2016)
Thanks to + inert ECO, the user has the possibility to fill the press drum (when the closed press system is used) with inert gas in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Thus, longer mash holding time as well as complete pressing cycles without atmospheric oxygen are possible. The operation is carried out via the press control system in an easy and intuitive manner. In addition, there is also still the option of conventional pressing.
+ humidity control – RESIDUAL HUMIDITY MEASUREMENT (awarded silver by the German Winegrowers’ Association in Silver 2018)
The residual humidity measurement values are digitally and precisely collected inside the press drum via a special sensor. The current value is displayed on the large touch display of the press control system at the end of each pressure stage and can be assessed directly thereafter. The intelligent pre-processing of the measurement values allows the user to set the residual humidity degree at which either a must separation or a pressing program end should be carried out.
+ mobile connect – PRESS MOBILE PHONE CONNECTION FOR SMARTPHONES
• Mobile phone connection of the press to the desired smartphone
• Display of the press Status
+ air pulse – CHANNEL CLEANING / EFFICIENT CLEANING PROCESSES
• Cleaning with compressed air/water mixture
+ flow divide
• Juice separation into three grades
• Selection based on pressure stages
+ temp-control – Temperature measurement -> only for the model: EP2 +cool (awarded by the German Winegrowers’ Association 2016)
This system, in conjunction with a tank press system with cooling jacket, allows the desired grapes or mash temperature to be pre-selected for further processing by the operator. Regardless of the initial temperature of the grapes or the mash, the pressing program is started automatically once the desired pre-set temperature has been reached.
• Temperature-controlled pressing processes
• Temperature sensor installed on the press drum
• Current mash temperature display on the operating panel
the operator “manually” carries out an automatic program. Each single step is recorded in the background by the press control system. Once the program is completed, it can be saved or stored in a free disk space.
FURTHER EQUIPMENT UPON REQUEST
• Frequency controlled drive motor of the press drum with six different speeds
• Feed hopper for entire grapes
e.g. movable by means of telescopic rails also mounted with integrated crusher
• Individual frame extensions
• Stainless steel catwalk
• Different juice pan systems
• Mash and pomace transport systems
• Remote control via cable or wireless
• Electric drive
• and much more …